Ingredients
-1.5 ounces whiskey (I used Jim Beam)
-4 ounces sour mix
- The
sour mix is just 1 ounce lemon juice, 1 ounce sugar and two ounces of water
mixed together
-Crushed Ice
Prep
Combine whiskey and sour mix into a glass with ice,
and stir it up. You can add a lemon slice for garnish if you want to get fancy.
Cost
To make one whiskey sour, you need 1-2 lemons which should
cost about $1. The sugar and water are pretty
much free- a pound of sugar would cost about $2.50 depending on where you live
so 2.5/16= fifteen cents for an ounce of sugar.
A bag of ice costs around $3 dollars, and a gallon of water cost about
$1. So the most you would spend on one
swig of this delicious drink would be about $4-5, but most people already have
sugar, ice and water, so it would actually be around $1 for supplies.
Thoughts
I put together a few shots of this
recipe after work last night. I work 2nd
shift, 3-11, so by the time I get home I’m ready for two things- a drink, and
bed. This shot was just what I needed to
get my mind off cleaning operating rooms (I know, awesome job). I bought a few lemons on my
way back from work, and even though they probably weren’t fresh (its winter
here) they still added a lot of flavor.
I served this drink to my girlfriend, and my friend Rob, who decided to
drop by for a late night buzz. My
whiskey sour was perfect, just the right mix of sweet and sour. My girlfriend is a little less tolerant to
the lemon juice, she thought it was too sour.
If your like my girlfriend, you can just add less lemon juice,
like .5 ounces instead of a full ounce.
Rob was also satisfied with this recipe, but he tends to like any drink,
as long as there is alcohol in it. I have to note that you can buy a whiskey sour mixer from the supermarket, and you just have to mix the mixer and whiskey together. This is a good option for people who don't have a lot of time to make their own drinks, but a drink made with fresh ingredients will always taste better than a store bought concoction. I
would highly recommend this recipe to anyone who would like to enjoy a shot or two of whiskey rather than take them straight.
(The picture I posted with this article is not the whisky
sour I made, my digital camera wasn’t working so I just copied a pic from
google images that closely resembled the drink that I made, in the future I
will be taking my own pictures)
No comments:
Post a Comment