Ingredients
-.5 oz rum (I
used Bacardi 151)
-.5 oz coconut flavored rum (I used Malibu)
-.5 oz grenadine
-1 oz orange juice
-1 oz pineapple juice
-1 cup crushed ice
Prep
Put all of the ingredients into a shaker/blender and mix
together, the drink should have a slushy like consistency
Cost
-The bottle of Bacardi I used cost me about $17
-The bottle of Malibu was $15
-The grenadine was $12
-Most bottles of orange juice are around $2.50
-Most bottles of pineapple juice are around $2.50
So the total cost
to make one bahama mama would be around $2.
If you don’t have ANY of the ingredients you will need to invest about
$47, but once you have everything you can make many Bahama Mamas.
Thoughts
The Bahama Mama is one of those drinks that will likely be
made a little differently by different people.
For example, a lot of people add coffee liquor to their Bahama
Mama. One of my friends, who is from the
Bahamas, adds extra grenadine to his to give it a sweeter flavor, and Applebees
adds banana liquor to theirs! I have
found that no matter how this drink is made, it is ALWAYS good. It was very refreshing, and no matter what little changes are made to
it, it always tastes very tropical. The
best way to have this drink is as a slushy, but if you find it hard to come by
crushed ice, or do not like slushies for some insane reason, just add a couple
ice cubes to chill the drink. I did not
use crushed ice last night, and it still tasted great. Like any drink, let your own personal
preferences guide how you make them. The
ingredients listed here are just a general guideline.
No comments:
Post a Comment