Ingredients
-1.25 oz rum (I used Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum)
-Mint leaves (between 10-12)
-1 TBSP sugar
-.5 oz lime juice
-2 oz club soda
Prep
Place mint leaves in the bottom of your glass, add crushed
ice and then mix the remaining ingredients together. Garnish with mint leaves.
Cost
-bottle of rum (1/5th of Captain cost me 15$)
-Mint leaves ($1-2)
-1-2 limes ($1)
-Club soda ($2)
So one drink should cost no more than $3, if you don’t have
a bottle of rum, or club soda the overall cost would be about $20
Thoughts
This Cuban drink has always been
one of my favorites. The name Mojito likely
came from “Mojo”, which is a Cuban base of seasonings and lime juice, which
makes sense because of the distinct lime flavor in the drink. The Mojito I made looked great. The mint leave garnish is an absolute necessity
if you care about the aesthetics of your drink, not to mention they add more
mint flavor. Like almost any drink, you
can modify this Mojito recipe to your own personal preferences. If you don’t care for mint, add 5 leaves
instead of 10. I like to add a little
more rum to mine, about half an ounce to an ounce more. I like being able to taste the alcohol in my
drinks, just so I know it is there. This
is a great summer drink, as it is very refreshing, and would be a hit at any
outdoor party, barbecue, etc. I have yet
to meet someone who does not enjoy the occasional Mojito (or three).
No comments:
Post a Comment