Saturday, December 1, 2012

Margarita











Ingredients
-1.5 ounces Tequila (I used Montezuma)
-.5 ounce Triple Sec
-Dash of lime juice
-3 ounces sour mix
-Lime wedge for garnish, salt and/or sugar around glass

Prep
Mix the tequila, triple sec, and sour mix together into a glass and stir.  Sour mix is just 1 ounce of sugar water mixed with an ounce of lemon juice.  This drink should take less than 5 minutes to make, and tastes incredible. 

Cost
-bottle of Tequila, varies depending on quality. The bottle of Montezuma I used cost $7
-Triple Sec cost me about $8 for a bottle
-one lime for lime juice cost about 50-70 cents
- Lemon for the sour mix costs between 50-70 cents
-The cost of sugar and salt doesn’t even need to be mentioned
-one margarita would cost about 2$ to make yourself- compare this to how much you would pay at ANY bar

Thoughts
                I have been enjoying Margaritas for years now- I would jump at the chance to drink a few at family parties as I was growing up, and my Girlfriend’s dad makes the best Margaritas I have ever had.  Since turning 21 I have also spent much more than I would like to admit on this classic drink at bars and restaurants.  The lowest price I think I have ever paid for a Margarita was $4 at Applebee’s on Margarita Monday.  That’s price is just too damn high! Especially for a semi broke college student.  The Margarita I made last night tasted great- just as good as any I have ever had (not counting the ones my girlfriends dad makes), and only cost me about $2.  I added a little extra lemon juice to my sour mix, which made my drink a little more sour than most people are used to.  If you do not share the same love for all things sour that I do than you can either subtract some lemon juice, or add more sugar.  The presentation of my drink wasn’t so great- I do not own any margarita glasses, and did not have a lime wedge to place on the side of my glass.  I would take a drink that taste great over one that looks great any day.  But if you want a better presentation, use a margarita glass, put salt or sugar around the rim, and stick a lime wedge on the side for garnish.  Otherwise just mix all of the ingredients into your favorite drinking glass and chug it down.   

No comments:

Post a Comment