Sunday, December 9, 2012

Juan Collins



 










Ingredients
-3 oz tequila (I used Montezuma)
-1 oz lemon juice
-1 teaspoon sugar
-6 oz club soda

Prep
Mix the tequila, lemon juice and sugar into a glass and stir.  Pour in the club soda and stir. 

Cost
-tequila ($7 dollars for the bottle of Montezuma
-1 lemon (50 cents)
-1 tsp sugar (10 cents)
-club soda ($1.50 for a small bottle)

Thoughts
First I just want to say that technically for this drink you should be using Hornitos Plata Tequila, but since I already had a bottle of Montezuma I made an executive decision to use that instead.  That being said, this is a great drink that is very easy to swallow.  The lemon juice and sugar work well together to give it a sweet and sour taste that masks the alcohol, while the club soda gives it a good amount of carbonation, and makes it taste like a soda.  Actually it tasted like sprite, with less sweetness and a little more sour.  I would definitely make this again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment